Verizon has finally announced that the OTA update for the Galaxy Note 4 is starting to roll out. The version number is N910VVRU1BOAF, and it will bring all the characteristic features that come with Lollipop.
The update will bring Google’s Material Design to your Galaxy Note 4 in a much similar way that what we saw with the Galaxy S5. Now you will have Smart lock, Do Not Disturb mode, notifications on the lock screen and Advanced Calling 1.0 for VoLTE. In addition, Samsung also includes some improvement for the camera and the S Health widgets.
Verizon posted the detailed list with all the changes that you can expect with the new software.
• Style updated to align with Android Lollipop OS
• Bolder color, fluid animation effects, and interactions based on Lollipop
• The On/Off toggle button style updated based on material design
• Action pop-ups updated to bottom shee
• ‘Blocking mode’ removed (replaced with ‘Do not disturb’ feature).
• ‘Sound’ text updated to ‘Sound and notification’
• Volume controls moved up to first menu depth
• ‘Notification’ sub-header added with’Do not disturb’, ‘While locked’ and ‘Application notifications’ options
• ‘Smart Lock’ feature added
• Accessibility & Vision
• ‘Switch Access’ menu added to allows user to control device using configurable key combinations
LOCK SCREEN & NOTIFICATIONS
• Material design-inspired notifications have been implemented.
• Ability to set priority and privacy for notifications on lock screen
FLOATING ACTION BUTTON
• Floating action button (+) has been added in various applications to promote a specific action, such as adding a new event, adding a new contact, or composing a new message.
• ‘Recording mode’ has been removed from Settings
• ‘Slow motion’ and ‘Fast motion’ were added to Camera Mode
• World Clock
• The Search option has been simplified
OTHER APPLICATIONS CONT’D
• S Health
• Three opaque widgets added to S Health folder (Coach and two additional pedometer styles)
• Galaxy Essentials
• Added Galaxy Gifts deep link button into bottom of Galaxy Essentials list
• Google Search Widget is now opaque
ADVANCED CALLING 1.0
• Updated style of keypad with brighter look and feel, bold colors and fluid animation inspired by material design
• Added Advanced Calling video button
• ‘Video calls’ sub-header and ‘Video calling’ option added to ‘Call’ menu
• ‘Advanced Calling’ menu added to Settings
The update is rolling out in waves, but if you don’t want to wait until the notification reaches your phone, just go to “Settings” and tap on “About Phone”. From there, go to “Software Updates” and “Check for Updates”.
The update is pretty big, so be sure to use a Wi-Fi network and charge the battery before start the installation process. Once the phone is ready, it will automatically restart with the new Android 5.0 Lollipop.