The news comes a little later than we all expected, as a few months ago, when Android 5.0 Lollipop was presented, HTC had announced a 90-day deadline for their main devices. Finally, the date came and went, but HTC is trying hard to get it ready as soon as possible.
As usual, the update will be rolling out in waves. You can always check for the update manually from the “System updates” option that you will find under the “Settings” menu. Just tap on “HTC Software update” and “Check now”. If the download is ready, you will have the option to “Download now”.
It’s a major update, so the file is pretty heavy. It highly recommended to use a Wi-Fi network to download it. And of course, before starting the installation, be sure you have the battery at least half charged.
Verizon has posted a full list detailing all the changes you are going to find after the installation. However, if you want to have a look at the new Lollipop running with Sense 6, Droid-life posted a video with the new main features.
Here you have the full changelog posted by Verizon:
• Lollipop Notification Panel behavior has been adopted
• Swipe down once for Notifications
• Swipe down a second time for Quick Settings
• Toggle Button from KitKat has been replaced by Settings
• Lollipop Notification style has been adopted
• The following Sense settings have been removed:
Security > Enable lock screen widgets
Security > Notification Settings
Security > Bypass lock screen on wake
• “Sound” has been changed to “Sound & notification” in Settings
• Notification light settings have been moved to “Sound & notification”
• Calendar Picker View offers dropdown capabilities
• Search function has been added to settings
• Date & Time settings have been reordered
• Syncing with new Google Settings and adding in Accessibility
High Contrast Text
• “Sidetone” will be added as a Call Setting, which provides audible feedback to the caller
• World Clock Globe has been removed for memory considerations
• Lollipop supports two styles of Recent Apps – Card View and Grid View
• Recent App style can be changed in Settings > Layouts
• The option to share with near field communications (NFC) starting with the Share menu has been added
• Promotes NFC sharing in the User Interface
THE FOLLOWING ENHANCEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE:
• Band 4 roaming has been enabled
• Enhancement to 3-way calling feature has been added