Verizon has surprised everybody with the last announcement. The US carrier has released the update to Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Galaxy S5, Samsung’s flagship device.
It’s the first US carrier to release the expected update, so if you are the lucky owner of a Galaxy S5, you can start enjoying the new Android 5.0 Lollipop.
The new version is VRU1BNLC, with Android build number LRX21T. It’s rolling out as an OTA update, so it might take a while to reach your phone. If you don’t feel like waiting for the announcement, you can check for the update manually. To do so, just go to Settings, and tap on System updates.
The update consists of two different updates, and the files weights quite a lot, so be sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network before starting the download.
With Android 5.0 you will get all the typical features of Lollipop, such as Material Design, fluid animations, bolder color, notifications on the lock screen, ART, floating action buttons, updated multitasking interface and a brighter TouchWiz.
Here you can find the full changelog that Verizon has posted on their website:
• Android Lollipop brings the all-new material design offering fluid animations, vivid colored- themes, and 3-D views for a more pleasurable experience.
• Bolder color and more fluid animations.
• The on/off toggle button style updated based on material design.
• The shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided for convenience.
• Material design-inspired notifications.
• Ability to set priority and privacy for notifications on lock screen.
• Provide music control as a card to utilize the real estate of the lock screen UI.
• Brighter look and feel, bold colors, fluid animation inspired by material design.
FLOATING ACTION BUTTON
• Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app’s most important features, such as adding a new contact or favorite, or composing a text message.
• Interruptions give you more advanced options to control your sound settings.
• Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
• Set downtime for specific days and times to control notification sounds automatically.
• Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page.
• Multi-window icons for ease-of-use during multi-tasking.