Verizon has announced an update for the Xperia Z3v. It’s a quite interesting OTA update, with a handful of small software improvements.
The main feature than comes with the new software is the ability to stream in HD. Now, if you are the owner of an Xperia Z3v, you will be able to take full advantage of your 5.2-inch 1920 by 1080 display.
In addition, there are some improved features, a few optimizations and a some of the Sony’s apps are also receiving an update.
Here, you can find the detailed list provided by Verizon:
• Reduce mobile data notifications during calls
• Simplify access to e-mail notification settings
• Update the Lifelog notification text to guide the user on how to put their device into high accuracy mode
• Update Lifelog default height and weight measurements to standard
• Optimize oversized email retransmit to reduce data usage
• Improved NFC performance
• Ensure emails with HTML links are displayed without a clickable link
• Enable HD video playback on Google Play Movies
• Modified group MMS to minimize “Message Expired or Not Available” condition • Implement font size and layout improvements
To install the update, you need a minimum battery level of 40%. You also need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network to download the file, so check your connection before attempting to start the download.
Once you are ready, tab on the Apps icon placed on the Home screen. Go to “Settings” and tap on “System updates”. If the new software is available, you will have the option to “Download now”.
When the file is ready, you just need to tap on “Install now” and it will automatically start the installation. After reestarting the device, you will fins all the new features ready to use.
More information at: Verizon.