The update to Android 5.1 for the Moto G Google Play Edition has started to roll out. If you have one of those devices, you are going to get the notification for the OTA update sometime in the next days.
The build number is LMY47M and the file is 171 MB in size. As usual, the update is being released in waves, so it might take a while until it reached your phone.
If you don’t feel like waiting and prefer to speed up the process, you can download the OTA zip file from the Google server and flash it manually.
If this is the first time you try to install an update from a zip file, just follow this steps:
1. Check that your computer have full read/write access.
2. Check that the battery is at least at 50%.
3. Backup all you data to your computer.
4. Download the OTA Zip file and place it in the internal storage of your device.
5. Reboot your phone to enter in the boot loader/recovery mode (press and hold the volume up, volume down and power together).
6. Select “Recovery” (you can move with the volume up and down buttons and select with the power one).
7. Select the option “apply update from SD card” and choose the zip file you have downloaded.
8. Follow the screen instructions and wait a few minutes until the installation finishes.
Once the installation is complete, the phone will restart running the new Android 5.1 Lollipop.